Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Monday 18 October 2010

Parcel of Goodies


















Otis surveys just some of the lovely old tins my friend and dealer from Found in Tokyo sent me.
Look who made himself a heavenly bed with all the bubble wrap too.
They're European but I've never seen these hexagonal moulds before and I have the whole set of sizes here. They have the proportions of a big nut without a bolt. They're all beautifully tarnished and if you remember my post about the home workshop books - some of these look hand soldered. I have to find time (how?) to make some special new lamps (not cakes!) with these.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't fully appreciated how big they were until I saw Otis next to them! Huge nuts and bolts for giants!! Looking forward to seeing some new creations with these. Thanks for your reply re: lampshade. Madeliene, I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to make one myself!! ;-) Teehee - had just thought it worth asking. I only rent, so for now a lampshade fitting would be better, easier - and would save me having to get an electrician in.

    Have put a new montage of Ben on my blog - you'll have to print it out for your mum as the latest update.

    Al xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...