Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Saturday 30 April 2016

Credit Where Due




























Are you watching Thicker Than Water on More 4? I love this Swedish series from the Walter Presents selection. It's a gripping story with great mix of characters, I love the teenagers, location, photography and music; it concludes next Thursday but you can watch it all here on 4 on Demand. I love the opening sequence with the credits and the music throughout which goes from jaunty with a banjo to very dark and suits the series perfectly. I wanted to know who the music was by but it's not credited on any of the sites about the programme - how mad is that!! So I kept looking at the opening sequence to write it down, when I paused the screen it showed a still advert so I had to keep re running it until I had it all down and found out it is by a group called Flaskkvartetten - Fleshquartet in English. It turns out they did the music for Wallander too and that's available but Thicker Than Water doesn't seem to be yet.
This reminded me of Pia Jane Bijkerk's campaign poster for crediting image makers on the net.
Poster by Pia Jane Bijkerk













































If I cant find who to credit an image to for Pinterest then I wont pin it. It really annoys me that the creators can be so easily dismissed. It happens all the time on TV - have you noticed how they shrink the credits to a corner to run a trailer and there's no chance of catching who the costume designer was. It's so unfair to all the talent and effort that went into the making. I know there's alot of image re-use without credit which is why Pia started the campaign, but it surprises me because I would have thought it normal to want to credit artists rather than just thieve - surely!!!   Really recommend that series - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...