Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Orange, Green and Exam Time

Orange and greens, nice colour scheme to work with. So many clients have wanted bright colours this year, that must be a good sign I reckon.
Many youngsters are doing exams around now and are under far more pressure than in my day. Many years ago I got a C for my art O Level (equivalent of GCSE) that was the lowest possible pass. I then left school at 16 and went straight to Art School where I took my A level during a foundation course. For that I got an E, I think, anyway again I got the lowest possible pass. So my conclusion is don't worry about your Art marks - what do they know?! Having scraped through (according to others opinions) decades later I am still enjoying a pioneering creative life with many highlights under my belt, 3 exhibitions in Tokyo, 5 chandeliers in the British Council collection, teaching at Pilchuck Glass school and a residency in a Capital of Culture amongst many other adventures. So, follow your heart and don't let them get to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...