Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Tuesday 3 September 2013

I have never wanted a fitted kitchen


















In Shortlife Housing Co-ops life is very DIY. I bought my double stainless sink from a scrapyard for £5 many years ago and built a wooden frame for it. Our housing co-op now faces eviction. We will soon be in court and could lose our homes of 30 years.

In the photo below, you'll see that when I repainted the room a folk-arty blue I couldn't bring myself to lose the previous terracotta completely so I left these borders, nice no?, so much better than a full sweep of one colour and it keeps a little bit of history.


















I had never wanted my place to be in a magazine, I love looking at other peoples but always felt private about my own. But then I photographed it because I had to start moving favourite things somewhere safer since the council threatened us with an injunction - that's 48hours to get out. This wasn't granted by the courts (twice) however it will be attempted again and the fear remains.


















I love a slightly scruffy well evolved kitchen. I loathe anti-septic units, why do people want a kitchen like a hospital medicine cupboard? I always rather fancied living in an old fashioned railway carriage.

2 comments:

  1. That must be so frightening to not know whether you will be staying or leaving. Your pictures are lovely and I wish you well and good news!
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary Anne - we have a stay of execution until more court days so the outcome is still unknown. It really is a testing time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...