Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Thursday 22 August 2013

Tent London 2013




















I'm really looking forward to showing my chandeliers at Tent during London design week. I've never done a trade fair before but I thought Tent London really exciting last year so I applied and happily got accepted. If I'd known my mum would have a stroke and my local council would launch aggressive eviction action against our 30 year old housing co-op this year I probably wouldn't have applied! But the show must go on as they say. I like to work flexibly making things up as I go along and changing them but with rigging the stand there wont be time so I've made a mock up of it in my studio to test everything out and save time on the day.
































Tent doesn't have the corporate feel of 100% design, it's worth going to if you love great objects as there is a good cross section there so you're bound to find something that interests you. As you may have gathered from previous posts I'm not always enamoured with new design as I find so much of it gratuitous (I wish I felt more generous but some things don't need redesigning) but I spent most of the day there last year and really got into it. My 5 sq metres will be home from 19th-22nd September - come and say hello. Our co-op goes to court (again) before then, so fingers crossed our creative community survives Brixton's gentrification a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...