Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Saturday 16 April 2011

More Mudlarking in the sun

If we get more sunny days like earlier this month I can really recommend morning mudlarking. I googled low tides and picked my day, it wasn't so early but I was the only person there. It's amazing to be in the middle of London and have this environment all to yourself.
I wanted more bits of clay pipe for a new chandelier. I got quite alot but there's an awful lot of bones down there and masses of plastic cable ties. Below is a piece of pipe, quite easy to spot. See my previous post on Mudlarking.

I picked up a few bits of crockery pieces - I like to imagine they all belonged to Samuel Pepys!
I used a piece of pipe in one of these Baby's Fascinators. My friends in Tokyo are opening a new shop called 'g(i)ven' selling smaller antiques and vintage items. I made these especially for the childrens section as it's fun for me to deviate from my usual stuff and make something different. In these I use brighter colours and can use up the odd single beads, but also keys, tiny spoons, buttons and coins.

3 comments:

  1. OMG - Those are adorable. I really, really like your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby fascinators (actually I think adults would be too) are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...