Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Friday 8 April 2011

Flowers on Friday



















Here's another flower painting from the collection, I think I have just 2 left to show you after this one. I love this one, the flowers look familiar but I don't know the name of them. This was another surprise bargain, I found it in a charity shop in Brighton for about £3. Brighton is absolutely the last place I expect to find a bargain like this because it's a town known for antiques, bric a brac and bric a brac fanatics. As with the other paintings it's the serious amateur style that I like. This painting is really effective from a distance, when you get really close and look at the brushwork it's less impressive, so, successful impressionism. I get the feeling this painter really loved those flowers, it's a great arrangement, maybe they were freshly picked from the painters own garden or window box.

1 comment:

  1. I've only been to Brighton once (for about 2 hours - long story!) and would love to go again! I'll keep my 'flower picture' eyes peeled for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...