Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Sunday 25 April 2010

Bowls of Light

I saw these chandeliers in Paris recently and loved them. I love opaline glass and these two colours are real favourites. Before I started making chandeliers I hadn't had a special 'thing' for them and never studied their shapes, but when I started making them I'd make a pastiche of a shape I had in my minds eye.
Mostly when I look at chandeliers now I want to take them apart and reclaim all the components for my work! But these two pictured I would leave just as they are. This is the kind of form that subconsciously inspired my Jelly Bowl Lanterns some years ago, I don't remember ever seeing them in such luscious colours, great bowls of light.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...