Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Thursday 22 October 2015

Spitalfields Antique Market





















 I knew about this Thursday market for years before I visited - sometimes I need to avoid temptation - but it's a great day out as you can meet a pal there for lunch and the market is there all day. I managed to come away with just 2 purchases - both for my work; glass drops and little tin moulds.


















Last time I came here I bought a little tin suitcase money box which I'll show you in another post soon, you definitely find your favourite stalls here where the dealer has a good eye.


































I noticed this impressive carved skull because my friend the artist Gloria Carlos works with ornamenting animal skulls.  I don't do dead things in the home myself - look at the stuffed ducklings on the top stall, my heart sort of skipped a beat when I saw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...