Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Little Works of Art






















I bought these gloves for £2 in Age UK charity shop on Leather Lane recently. Aren't they beautiful. They caught my eye; I've never seen sideways knitted gloves. I cant work out how the fingers were done. I'm guessing they were cast off and stitched up the side of each finger which seems a really long winded way of making the fingers and if that's so then it's very very neatly done. And I love the feature - how cute are those little bands with a bright pink button. Aesthetically this is perfection! I think they should be in a gallery.






















Like the teapot in the previous post I originally thought they'd be for a present for someone, but we'll see if I manage to part with them. I sometimes fantasise about one day opening a Folk Art museum with just my collected loved objects. I don't think Folk Art has a high enough profile in this country. There is an exhibition at the Barbican Centre called Magnificent Obsessions; the collections of artists. I thought it was a bit patchy really, I suppose I'm more interested in my own collection but some of them were fantastic, most memorably Martin Parr's collection of postcards and Russian space dog clocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...