Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Sunday 4 November 2012

Paris Flea Market

Les Puces St Ouen, Porte de Clignancourt


You really need time to explore this place, it takes a while to get the hang of it. It's about 10 minutes walk from Porte de Clignancourt metro stop at the north end of Line 4.
I love the mix of the modern graffiti with the old objects.
































The market runs along the Periferique so it's interesting city scape where you move away from the old style centre and find yourself under flyovers etc.































It's like a small town in itself. I tend to go on Mondays, maybe the prices are better then because Saturday and Sunday ( these are the 3 days it's open) are very full of tourists. I don't always haggle but it is the norm there - often I'm buying stuff from the really messy rows of boxes of junk and they've never charged much so I would never dream of haggling. It's a real feast for the eyes - you don't have to buy anything it's interesting just looking - though I find I can quite quickly be overwhelmed, there's so much to see.


Just south of the market it was good to see that some things never change!

4 comments:

  1. Printed out ready for my next trip to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go to Porte de Montreuil flea market too - again it's on the periferique, but east, go to that metro stop and follow the people! -it's the other side of a huge roundabout. Once there do go all the way to the end where the older tattier stalls are for interesting stuff.
      http://www.gisparis.com/paris_shopping/flea_market.htm

      Delete
  2. Oh now this brings back memories,, i went here several years ago and absolutly loved it, i could of stayed for hours and hours..so much to see.
    Pixie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next you're going can I come too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...