Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Thursday 5 November 2015

Case Study



















 I bought this suitcase from a charity shop recently.  I haven't fallen for those styled stacks you see as I always thought it would be annoying to have to keep unstacking them every time you were looking for something. I just liked this object. I think I'll keep fabric in it.



















It has some really nice labels on it and a tartan type paper lining. I always found those authentic travel labels so lovely, though Waterloo to Staines is not that exotic! You used to see suitcases like that in old films that they never show on TV anymore, why don't they show Jean Harlow or Marx Brothers movies?, I love the dresses from the 30's best - such lovely draping and fabrics. Ever seen anyone pack a case properly in the movies? No it's practically non-existent, they throw things in all crumpled in a frenzy then squash the lid down with a tail hanging out.



















I'd like to know this case's stories; it seems to be hiding the fact it's been to Singapore. When I was a teenager I bought the tin below in a junk shop.



















And more recently I couldn't resist this little one, it's a money box for skinny coins.




















I love the colours and graphics on this and the little key works.






































 I bought it at Spitalfields Antique Market ( see 2 posts ago) for £10.


































And here's Otis with suitcase all ready for social cleansing (!) before eviction day last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...