Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Sunday 22 June 2014

Summer Sea and Fair


































I'm very happy that my chandeliers have been selling well at Two Kats and a Cow Gallery in Brighton. I've been working fast to restock. There's something about the light by the sea that enhances everything. I've been working alot with greens and turquoises. I prefer slightly muted colours, I think they look better with aluminium because it's not shiny. If you're getting your sun and sea in Brighton do visit this gallery - it's on the beach between the 2 piers.

Meanwhile....

























...I have not been to the sea but to a country fair. I loved some of the old village games. The above of course is really timely (am enjoying odd binges of the World Cup) but I loved the quality of the painting. Is this considered folk art? I'm not sure the exact definition - maybe I'll find out more when I get to the British Folk Art exhibition at Tate Britain next week. I think of my work as urban folk art. I cant tell you how much the division between fine art and craft annoys me. Since I've been looking for a studio (really tough) I found that 2 of the major providers in London only consider fine artists. It makes my search doubly hard.













Zooming in on the background this reminds me of the 3D spectators I bought in a market near this fair, that I featured here on my blog. I love the passion in their creation - beats fine art anyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...