Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Friday 7 June 2013

Pioneers































For a number of reasons I have felt fed up with institutions and institutionalised people recently. Grown ups can be rubbish sometimes. So I thought I'd cheer myself up by looking at some treehouses built by pioneering people associated with Pilchuck Glass School - where I was lucky enough to teach the summer before last.
































The location is north of Seattle inside a tree farm.




















It really was an amazingly exotic place for me, I had to pinch myself that I was there, but then in just over 3 weeks with my own log cabin it did feel like home for that time.




















And this was (not sure if it ever still is) Dale Chihuly's cabin, a pioneering glass artist and founder member of Pilchuck.
































The view from here is only trees, mountains and sky,



































So you could feel pretty private in the buff here taking a shower with nature - doesn't it look idyllic? A big cheer to all pioneering and alternative communities  - I miss that spirit in this ever consuming and regulated era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...