Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Saturday 10 September 2011

Goblet

























I love this goblet. Isn't it beautiful? - made from security glass by David King, one of our teaching assistants on Hot and Ready Made Lighting at Pilchuck Glass School this summer. I didn't see him making it so not entirely sure how it was done, but I'd guess a fair few hours in the hot shop. I love the mix of the softened sheet glass and the well worked stem. Anyway, when I admired it he gave it to me, on our last day - I still cant quite believe he did as I don't think I'd give this away if I'd made it, but I love it. I was given other beautiful drinking glasses when I was there but this is the only riot-proof one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...