Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Thursday 25 August 2011

Canal Cityscape






































Views from a canal walk in London are some of the best, surreal cityscapes you can find and they change at every turn: some sinister some heavenly. A walk from Little Venice to Kings Cross offers many stopping off points too.
More surrealism came later the same day as I returned to Brixton and rioting broke out on this traditional frontline, a scene that took me back 20 odd years. At the risk of sounding flippant it all made me wonder why rioters are so conventional; the same turf, the same missiles, the same looting (though much more this time) the same number of cars on fire climaxing in at least one sacrificial building with a shop at it's heart. Unimaginative people can be really dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...