Welcome to Blogesteix. Current information relating to my chandeliers and lots more too!

my website Madeleine Boulesteix Chandeliers

Thursday 31 March 2011

"The Box"

Learning about the bandoneon

















"The Box", the peoples instrument, is of course the accordion, but speaking of the box, TV is rubbish - I only have 5 channels so hurray for i player and here's a series that's a dream come true from BBC Scotland, 'The World Accordion to Phil", 4 one hour episodes about the history, travels and evolution of accordion music. Episode 3 is my soul home; France, Bucharest and Russia. Episode 2 is all Celtic and I could skip that one but episode 4 is the Americas ending in Buenos Aires with the tango. The 1st episode starts with the original instrument, China and the accordion factories of Italy. It's a fascinating trail and a lovely host, I think I shall watch them all again, only 6 days left so hurry.

1 comment:

  1. I've passed this link on to one of my M.A. friends who is a fab accordion player too! She was very excited!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...